Just about any time a cuddly kitty graces the silver screen, they’re being presented with a delightful saucer of milk or generous helping of tuna. But did you know both of these stereotypical treats can be extremely dangerous to cats? Continue reading “10 Surprisingly Common Foods that are Dangerous to Cats”
Dear Readers: Today’s post discusses the death of companion animals, which may be upsetting for some folks—especially those who have very recently suffered a loss of their own. If this topic is too painful for you to think about right now, then please consider perusing this entry at a later date. Meanwhile, you can click here for a light-hearted list of ways to celebrate National Dog Day, here for an irreverent essay about preventing cat hairballs, or here for a hilarious recap of Muenster Milling’s Annual Halloween Costume Contest. Continue reading “Coping with Loss: Unique Ways to Memorialize a Family Pet”
Animals aren’t just our best friends.
They’re also our family– family whose rights we support and who we protect against harm. But without a voice to stand up for themselves, many of our furry friends are especially vulnerable to mistreatment and rely on our help to keep them safe. Continue reading “Doing Serious Good for the Animal Kingdom: Operation Kindness”
Did you know that pets can suffer from depression?
Though the idea of a seriously depressed dog or cat may seem a bit odd, pet depression is a very real condition that can turn a happy and vivacious critter into a mopey and apathetic one.
We spend a lot of time on this blog talking about keeping our pets physically healthy, but mental health is extremely important, too. So, let’s take a moment to discuss depression in pets: how to spot it, what causes it, and how you can help your furry friend get back to her old self. Continue reading “How to Treat Pet Depression”
Happy November, everyone! We hope that all of our readers had a fun, safe Halloween!
And speaking of Halloween, it’s time to reveal the results of our annual pet costume contest. We received a lot of great submissions, so deciding who would take home a prize was pretty difficult. After some careful consideration, though, our judges were able to pick their favorite in each category. Continue reading “Muenster’s Monsters Halloween Photo Contest Recap”
As most cat owners know, a finicky feline who turns his nose up at everything but his favorite food in his favorite dish in his favorite spot in the house might also enjoying chomping on houseplants or live insects. We humans don’t always understand why our cats choose to eat certain things, but one concept we do understand is that not all things that can be eaten should be eaten. Today, we’re going to talk about common household items that are toxic to cats. You might not be able to stop your cat from hunting down crane flies that find their way into your living room, but you can definitely keep him away from some edible hazards! Continue reading “Common Household Items You Didn’t Know Were Toxic to Your Cat”
Healthcare plans aren’t just for people anymore! Today’s topic is pet insurance—what it is, why people bother with it, and how to decide whether or not it’s right for your pet. Continue reading “Is Pet Insurance Worth the Cost?”
Calling all canine clothing enthusiasts!
This year, Muenster Milling is going to be holding a Halloween costume contest! Between now and October 31, send us a photo of your pet “strutting their stuff” in their best Halloween finery. The Top 10 pets will be featured in a future entry on our official company blog. Continue reading “How to Make Your Pet the Best Muenster Monster for Halloween”
It’s a scene that most cat-owners come to dread:
Your cat is relaxing, acting completely casual, maybe he’s even catching a nap in his favorite “sun spot.” Suddenly, he stands up, leans forward and starts making some horrible wheezing, hacking and retching noises. If you didn’t know any better, you’d assume that he was suffering from bronchitis—or stomach flu. Finally, after a few more heaves and coughs, the cat barfs up a large clump of wet fur. And as you stare at the mess that you now have to clean up, your cat goes back to relaxing. Continue reading “Unexpected Ways to Cure Hairballs”
Then enter it in our Muenster’s Monsters Halloween Photo Contest on Facebook. It runs from October 1 to October 31, 2016.
There will be 5 categories of winners: Best Homemade Costume, Best Dog, Best Cat, Most Likes, Funniest Costume and the Grand Prize for each category will be a $60 credit to any item(s) on the website.
Just take a photo of your pet dressed in costume and enter the photo via the Facebook tab that says ‘contest’.
Our judges will pick the winners based on each category.
All fields in the entry form (and there aren’t a ton) must be completed with a valid email address to claim the prize. The photo must be original, not belong to someone else. For the complete set of rules, see below.
We look forward to your pup getting more famous than Mark Zuckerberg’s Beast!
MUENSTER’S MONSTERS HALLOWEEN PHOTO CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Muenster’s Monsters Halloween Photo Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and void where prohibited by law. Employees of Muenster Milling Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Muenster’s Monsters Halloween Photo Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Muenster Milling Company as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on October 1, 2016, 7 a.m. US Eastern time and ending October 31, 2016, 10 p.m. US Eastern time. All online entries must be posted by October 31, 2016, 10 p.m. US Eastern time.
4. How to Enter: The Muenster’s Monsters Halloween Photo Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at Muenster Milling’s Facebook page. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Muenster Milling. You must provide the information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Muenster Milling.
5. Prizes: The 5 Winners of the Muenster’s Monsters Halloween Photo Contest (the “Winner”) will receive a $60 credit to anything on the website. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Muenster Milling. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Muenster Milling’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Muenster Milling to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected based on the 5 categories listed, the quality of the caption, and the unique appeal of the subject as determined by the judges under the supervision of Muenster Milling. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Muenster Milling shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT MUENSTER MILLING‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo), You understand and agree that MUENSTER MILLING, anyone acting on behalf of MUENSTER MILLING, and Muenster Milling’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Muenster Milling. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Muenster Milling from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Muenster Milling may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Muenster Milling reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Muenster Milling’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Muenster Milling may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Muenster Milling. Muenster Milling reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Facebook page or violates these Terms & Conditions. Muenster Milling has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage Muenster Milling’s Facebook page or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Muenster Milling reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Muenster Milling and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND Texas, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Muenster Milling Company, Inc., 202 S. Main St. P.O Box 585, Muenster, TX 76252.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Dog Days of Summer Photo Contest is Muenster Milling Company, Inc., 202 S. Main St., P.O. Box 585, Muenster, TX 76252.
15. Facebook: The Contest hosted by Muenster Milling is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.